We Micsal are one of the reputed salt manufacturers based in Demietta, Egypt. We engaged in several manufacturing activities to produced refined salt for your needs. Our products are available under the brand name Micsal. A variety of products for our dear customers that meet their needs, qualifications, and specifications. Micsal provides you the highly refined edible salt fortified with iodine in standard amount, raw rock deicing salt from Siwa Oasis and sea salt, washed industrial sea salt with 97% and 98.8% sodium chloride concentrations, and Eco and High Q sea salt tablets for water softener appliances.
The foundation of the headquarter of Micsal is in Demietta, the second main Egyptian port, to stand outside the salt manufacturers crowd in terms of shipment and on time delivery.
Our customers welcomed to enjoy the warm sun of Egypt and the sweet water of the River Nile. So, you will have the opportunity to visit our manufacturing station and headquarter.
We Micsal are committed to delivering high quality products, constantly, and on time delivery.
Salt manufacturers provide edible salt products with some additives for a variety of health concern. Governments may authorize adding nutrients to food for health reasons.
- Iodine is on the topmost nutrients that added to salt. Authorization adopts such an attitude in some governments. Our bodies need but small amounts of iodine for the synthesis of thyroid hormones-the energy hormones. Therefore, lack of iodine in food can cause enlargement of the thyroid gland-goiter. Other serious diseases would occur with iodine deficiency.
- A small amount of dextrose is added by some salt manufacturers to stabilize the added iodine in their products.
- Sodium ferrocyanide added as an anticaking agent. Sodium ferrocyanide, yellow prussiate of soda, is added as a powdered or granulated form to prevent the formation of lumps (caking). Moreover, adding sodium ferrocyanide to salt facilitate packaging, transport, and flowability. It is proved to be safe for human consumption.
- Anti-caking agents: other anticaking agents include, but not limited to, tricalcium phosphate, carbonate salt of calcium or magnesium, and fatty acids.
- Iron: iron mineral added to prevent the development of anemia. Anemia that develops due to iron deficiency (iron deficiency anemia) disrupts mental development in infants.
- Folic acid (vitamin B9) is also added by salt manufacturers to fortify their products. Folic acid gives salt a yellow color. Pregnant women should receive a folic acid supplement to guard against neural tube defects that affect infants. Folic acid helps a pregnant mother not to have a certain type of anemia rather than iron deficiency anemia.
- Fluorine preferred by salt manufacturers for its effect in dental caries prevention. Then, fluoride salts added to table salt to reduce dental decay where people do not get benefit from fluoridated water or toothpaste.
A mineral that is found in various foods, and is an essential mineral for the function of thyroid hormones. Thyroid hormones play an essential role in energy production in the body. Having enough iodine in your food enhances brain and bone development during pregnancy and infancy. However, lack of iodine in food has a serious impact on infant growth and pregnant women.
Iodine body needs
The amount of iodine body needs varies according to the age of the individuals. iodine needs range from 110 mcg for infants up to 6 months of age to 290 mcg for breastfeeding women.
Micsal provides our customers with refined edible salt and Eleila edible salt bags for table use. Iodine added to both products in an amount of 30-70ppm.Micsal also provides you with iodine supplement according to your need making us unique among salt manufacturers. So, you can hardly find any of salt manufacturers who can supplement iodine in such amount.
Food rich in iodine
Cod and tuna fish are a rich source for iodine. Seaweeds and shrimp contain a large amount of iodine as well.
some countries including Egypt and the USA.
Iodine in fruits and vegetables varies according to iodine in the soil. Fruits and vegetables growing near sea costs are poor in iodine. Therefore, salt should be fortified with iodine for health enhancement.
It is worth mentioning that processed and canned food have no iodized salt.
Iodine supplement comes in the form of potassium iodide or sodium iodide.
People who need an iodine supplement
Salt manufacturers interested to fortify salt with iodine to meet the need of certain people who may suffer iodine deficiency. It is a good practice to choose salt brands of salt manufacturers who add iodine to their salt products.
Pregnant women need 50% more iodine than non-pregnant women. Most of the extra iodine consumed by the thyroid gland of the child. Salt manufacturers add iodine to their products to meet the extra needs of pregnant women. However, pregnant women should not have much salt in food. Therefore, they should consume a diet rich in iodine such as salmon fish, seaweeds, and cereals fortified with iodine.
People living where the soil is deficient in iodine. Consumption of the local food deficient in iodine may cause a decrease in thyroid gland hormones- a medical condition called hypothyroidism. Therefore, mountain areas, sea-shores, and river valleys in South and Southeas to be deficient in iodine.
People who eat food deficient in iodine and eat goitrogens as well. The goitrogens are substances present in some types of food that disrupt the proper utilization of iodine. The presence of goitrogens will stop thyroid gland from using iodine freely to make the hormones. These substances, goitrogens are present in soy, cabbages, broccoli, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts. One should ensure an iodine supplement in food and eat a considerable amount of goitrogenic food.
People recommended to get most of their nutrients from food. Governments’ guidelines advise people to use food as the main supplement of vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, and others including protein, carbs, and fat. However, some nutrients not obtained easily to be locally available food. The serious impact of some nutrients deficiency such as iron and iodine prompted the health policy of the governments to allow food fortification and supplementation.
Therefore, salt manufacturers usually add iodine to their products. Now, edible salt is a rich source in iodine. This help many people including women and young children to get their iodine needs with easy. However, having iodinated salt on the table is not a perfect substitute for eating iodine-rich food (aforementioned). Also, you should monitor the amount of iodine added to each salt product provided by salt manufacturers. This will help determine the type of salt and the amount of iodine needed for your health.